Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - Heater Fan Not Working*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 22nd November 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Smile Repair Motor

I had the same problem on my 2002 Privelege (Air Con). Local Renault dealer (Ness Motors of Perth) advised during service that there was a blown resistor due to water penetration, again because of blockages in drainage holes as described (an easy fix, if you hear water sloshing around or see it coming into the passenger footwell lift both ends of the plastic trim at the rear of the engine compartment and clear them out). Quoted 340, for a 33 part (or 66 if you go to their sister garage in Inverness) and a half hour work, or less, I found out when I did it myself. Part Number 7701 206 541. Easy to replace but easier to manipulate if you take the glove box out.
It wasn't the resistor, though how it hadn't overheated and blown due to excessive heat given that the pollen filter (which should have been replaced during the service) was choked full of pine needles and bits of leaves.
It was the motor, which I stripped, cleaned, and it works fine. The fan part is a tight push fit. I used two flat tyre levers to support the fan and drifted the armiture out.
To strip the motor, unclip the four metal clips on the side using a small screwdriver to lever out the flat face. Careful, they do spring out.
They're belt and braces for the plastic retainers, which can be released using a screwdriver though it isn't clear at first.
This will expose the motor, which can be removed from it's housing. To seperate the motor, there are four flats which can be prised up from their housing. They can be flattended back down to position with a light tap when re-building.
The armiture was rusty and there was corrosing all over. Cleaned up with a wire brush and some fine emery cloth. Brushes and magnets also needed cleaning.
Put it all back together and works fine.
I have basic skills only from years of old motorbikes, so this should be manageable by anyone, and if you break it, nothing lost.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome