Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Fuel Protests

Thread: Fuel Protests
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 7th September 2005
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thing is it's not just the truckers, it effects everyone, even non drivers. Everything we buy has to be transported, and the cost of increased transport will be passed onto the consumer.

It affects your way of life, you have to work out if that trip out on a Sunday afternoon with the kids is really essential or can you do without it. We have an oldish touring caravan that's moved once in two years due to the cost of petrol being too high to tow it any great distance.

If you can afford to run a Porsche then it probably doesn't affect you, but lots of people notice an extra 10 or 20 a week missing from their pay packet, among all the other stealth taxes we're hammered with.

I'd urge you to support any protests in your area in whatever way you can, just to show the Gov't the strength of public feeling (which is high). As I mentioned on another thread that broached on the subject, I've run a fuel protest /road user forum for 5yrs now that was born out of the last protest. Feel free to join to keep up to date on current news, we've had a fair few new members recently.

Road Users Forum

Currently in HD462's garage:
2000 Renault Laguna 1.9dti estate
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome