Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Rear windows dropped

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 23rd November 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Rear windows dropped

Some months ago just as our Grand Scenic came out of warranty O/S/R windows dropped. Having had a regulator fail on a previous Scenic my immediate thoughts were that the same had happened here. However when I took the door card off everything looked in place but the motor refused to work. Being in a hurry I ended up taking the car to a local garage who "fixed" the rear window in the up position and that is how we left it. Anyhow tonight the same thing has happened to the other rear window. We went to get something out of the car deadlocked the car and watched as the rear window slowly dropped under the power of the motor. Anyhow we can't raise it as the motor now seems dead but unbelievably the motor on the other rear door now works. What gives?? The local garage suggests that a proper fix could be very costly as it an electrial fault. Has anyone else experienced this before?
Currently in 8woodj's garage:
2005 Grand Scenic 1.6 VVT Dynamique
  5 Lastest Threads by 8woodj
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scenic II - Rear disc hub nut torque setting Brakes/Hubs Vanguard76 8 16147 12th April 2010 12:36 PM
Alloy Wheel Removal Wheels & tyres VelSatisfied 7 2083 10th April 2010 09:30 AM
Rear windows dropped Bodywork 8woodj 2 1150 23rd November 2009 06:30 PM
Air con not working after recharge Heating & cooling ModusMan 3 6094 18th June 2009 07:38 PM
Service intervals Cars & motoring Gonescenile 1 1612 31st July 2006 03:15 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome