Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Vel Satis instrument panel replacement

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 28th June 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Renault Vel Satis instrument panel replacement

I am still waiting for final confirmation on this issue from the service centre trying to resolve another problem with my car.

In brief, I have a Vel Satis and the new service centre I am using asked me about an instrument panel replacement at 21k. As far as I know it did not have one. My car is now on 26K and I have had for 2 years. I bought it from a Renault dealer on the Renault-to-go and it had 2k on the clock when I bought it. The service book shows no servicing except for a 2k pre-delivery service.

It seems as if the instrument panel was replaced 3 years ago (i.e. before I bought it) and the dealer I bought it from never told me.

The car was sold to me as only having 2k on the clock, but it seems it actually had 23k. Besides the obvious issue of not been sold a car with the correct mileage, I am also concerned that the 2 services I have had done to the car are incorrect, as they were the 12k and 24k service instead of being the 38k and 48k services and it means that some scheduled checks / maintenance may not have been done. Also as the service book does not show that the first 2 scheduled services were done.

Any advice on what my rights would be in this situation and what action I should / could take with Renault?
Currently in spiaro's garage:

Last edited by spiaro; 29th June 2006 at 10:15 AM.
  5 Lastest Threads by spiaro
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Vel Satis instrument panel replacement Cars & motoring Eternal Optimist 1 1118 28th June 2006 12:50 PM
Renault Vel Satis - Replacement Tyres Wheels & tyres camelopardis 59 11630 13th March 2006 08:39 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome