Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Opps.... I clipped a kerb in my new(ish) Laggy2

View Single Post
post #24 of (permalink) Old 25th November 2009 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 3 Times in 11 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Still not happy!!!

I've had the car back about 10 days or so.

Intermittant rattle on OSF suspension, Anti-roll bar linkage suspected of damaged ball joints!, obviously not replaced!
Back axle is set back by 1cm+ on NSR, appears it might be variable, so thats the rear bush that probably knackered (not replaced)
Can be clearly seen from underneath if postion compared to crossbar with deflector which sits just infront of the axle.
Boot hatch glass is still not realigned, and boot is very slightly offset to the right. cant wait for the glass to go boom!(its gonna be nearly a grand to replace that for the ins co.!)
both boot and back axle show similar offset with gap on NS greater than OS.

Steering lock has failed last night and goes click-click-click if steering wheel is turned after turning off the car.

Most likely is due to garage not fitting new stretch bolts to the steering rack or sub-frame during the repair!!!
and the front subframe/rack shifting whilst driving on local streets over those full width end of street speed ramps.

When i took it back today, i mentioned the steering lock failure and they gave the excuse thats its a common failure of old cars, (duh! u think i was born yesterday, or what! there are almost no such faults reported online in forums.)

As soon as it comes back from the so-called re-alinement, im raising merry hell with the insurance co and chucking the car back at the main (orange coloured recovery co's local repair center for them to check the geometry and get the loose suspension system sorted)

Can't wait to see what is causing the positive camber on the OSR wheel and negative on the NSR one.
combined with thrust angle of 0'17 which is up from pre-accident of 0'07.
looks like im definatly going for either a replacement back axle or shims, or both later...

(im still waiting for the NSR shock to give up the ghost and the PAS pump to do likewise as i get a slightly odd noise from around the pump when starting the car!)

oh and the total milage i have done since they handed tha car back has been under 50 miles.

ok,. todays rant is over, back to work u lot
Currently in mord's garage:
The CreditCard Holes sooo DEEEEP NASA have put up warning signs about a black hole on the Driveway: update, the driveway and home have fallen in...
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome