Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Vel Satis - Buying Advice

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 25th November 2009 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
An Update

Hi guys,

Thanks for sharing your experiences... I've decided to buy it! Should be ready either tomorrow or friday!

Both keycards are there, but the second one only opens and locks the car, it won't start it. I might invest in a third.

I've also found a great warranty that covers everything for £289/year with no excess... Seems like a good investment given the possible electrical issues.

One of the headlight washer jets has been replaced, but left unpainted. Anyone know a good way to sort that out?

Also, one of the Xenon headlights has quite a bit of condensation in the unit.. Could this lead to damage?

Apart from that, I'm absolutely over the moon, and really excited about cruising in the Vel. I'll keep you updated and still welcome any views/advice.

Thanks guys!
Currently in MéganeDynamique's garage:
Avantime 3.0 V6 24v Privilège Auto, Vel Satis 3.0 dV6 Initiale, Vel Satis 2.2 dCi Auto Privilège, Laguna II 3.0 V6 24v Dynamique, Mégane II 2.0 VVT Dynamique, Mégane 1.6 Auto Privilège+ Convertible, Clio 1.9 RT-D
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome