Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Opps.... I clipped a kerb in my new(ish) Laggy2

View Single Post
post #26 of (permalink) Old 27th November 2009 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 3 Times in 11 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Re: Opps.... I clipped a kerb in my new(ish) Laggy2

So i got a call this morning that the car has been sorted.
I went and collected it in the afternoon, they sent it up to the local Main Jag dealership to refit the front subframe and back axle to get them rebedded into the chassis under the cars full load, which obviosly it wasnt previously.
AND they managed to get it sorted pretty much, all readings from SUN alinement diags ramp are all pretty much as what they should be, not quite back to original pre-accident specs, but well within tolerances

They couldnt do anything about the sterring column lock fault, but i've rung india via that 0800 not cheap/free number on my mobile they have emailed the assesor and he will probably get back to me and hopefully pop round and have a look.

new steering column is errmmm 250 or so without much in change back from the dealership, and no doubt as much again to get it fitted

anyone had any problems with the electronic steering locks partly failing ?

when key is inserted it disengages ok, but when key is pulled out if the wheel is turned to go and lock the column it continues rotating and a click-click-click as it turns if turned the other way the same, dead bolt is failing to drop into place in the column shaft

I've never had this problem prior to this week with this car, i've owned it nearl 5-6 months driven about 1000 miles. most milage is short 3mile or so trips so lots of use.

i asked a renault techy and he said the slot the bolt sits in may be damaged or its the slot it is supposed to drop into or a spring failure
Currently in mord's garage:
The CreditCard Holes sooo DEEEEP NASA have put up warning signs about a black hole on the Driveway: update, the driveway and home have fallen in...
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome