Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Vel Satis - Buying Advice

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 30th November 2009 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Vel Satis - Buying Advice

Yes Tony, the Toledo was a total rip-off the Vel Satis and failed miserably! Your hairdryer method sounds good... I shall be trying it very soon as the condensation has not got any better at all!

Paul, you're like a human haynes manual, only better! I will be using your step by step guide as soon as I work out the paint code! I checked the sticker, and nothing looks anything like a paint code... Here's what's on the sticker, anything stand out for you?

An update:
Life so far with the Vel is going very well. We've decided to call her "Velerie".
Had quite a few comments already, and she gets looked at more than I expected!
I was driving along today and suddenly the display turned orange and said "SERVICE". You can guess what was running through my head. But before I knew it, the voice synthesizer announced "Number Plate Illumination Faulty". I don't think I've ever been so relieved in my life!
Another thing - The headlight washers are only coming out half way, and not spraying, they seem pretty sticky and I'm reluctant to go painting one for it to then need replaced!

Thanks again for the shared advice and experiences - Tony: I plan to take Velerie to the South of France very soon, I like your style!
Currently in MéganeDynamique's garage:
Avantime 3.0 V6 24v Privilège Auto, Vel Satis 3.0 dV6 Initiale, Vel Satis 2.2 dCi Auto Privilège, Laguna II 3.0 V6 24v Dynamique, Mégane II 2.0 VVT Dynamique, Mégane 1.6 Auto Privilège+ Convertible, Clio 1.9 RT-D
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome