Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II, 2003, water in footwells

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 3rd December 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: Laguna II, 2003, water in footwells

Originally Posted by peter r View Post
The water is still coming in ...looks like I tipped a cup on the floor...

Am I being thick but:-

If the holes are higher than the base of well how does tha water run out?

If the well get full of water doesn't the pressure push the bung closed and act like a why are the bungs there?

Thinking of changing pollen filter and then drilling my own holes if it still leaks...any comments ideas??????
Hi Peter,, if the well was still full of water after your latest show of water, it MUST be where it's coming from, the bungs should PUSH open under the weight of water, not act like a plug in the sink, why they are there is not obvious to me, I considered tearing mine out, if they are not clean and a little sticky, they may stick shut, as for MY drain holes, I did think they were a couple of milli meters above the base of the tray, if yours are highr, then the lip to the holes WILL retain more water, either bending the lip of the hole down (as seems like soft metal) or drilling a hole VERY close to the original drain hole would be MY next move if water is steal holding because of hole not being low enough, be sure to paint some rust protector and then Hammerite on exposed metal edges,
Fingers crossed for you,

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome