Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio Mk2 Doors Stuck Shut - Help!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 4th December 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Clio Mk2 Doors Stuck Shut - Help!

I'm a new user so pardon me if this has been covered, I can't seem to find any problems similar to mine though!

Basically I bought a 1998 R-reg clio Mk2 just under a year ago and it has become apparent what a shed it is.

Before I go on, I think the model I have is the most basic version sold - no centre console on top of the dash, no passenger airbag, no rev-counter, and I dont THINK it has central locking.

The key has a fob and red light which works perfect but the car has never locked or unlocked itself, I've always used the key.

The problem I have is intermittent - I'll turn the key in the drivers door and the plunger will unlock, but the door won't budge. Same with the drivers side. Doors will not actually open no matter how much I try, even though they're unlocked.

I've had to resort to climbing through the boot a couple of times.

Does anyone have ANY ideas on what this could be? Like I said I don't think its central locking but I could be wrong. Never heard any sort of door motors working when I unlock. Could just be knackered though.

From these forums I've deduced I need to fix my TDC Sensor (Intermittent starting problems), my horn (doesnt work), some wheel bearings (awful thudding noise when I get above 40), and worst of all, the doors.
Currently in matt__harrison's garage:
1998 Clio MkII 1.2
  5 Lastest Threads by matt__harrison
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clio Mk2 Doors Stuck Shut - Help! Bodywork matt__harrison 1 1349 4th December 2009 12:07 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome