Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna Initiale 02 reg

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 29th June 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Typically for Renault, they changed the specs more often than some people change their underpants. But some models did come with 'pre-telephone' equipment for a while. The Initiale would certainly have had it at some point. Possibly for the full production run of the Phase 1.

Pre-telephone equipment consists of the following:
1) A microphone which was (I think) between the sun visors. Don't hold me to that though.
2) A speaker. Below and to the right of the steering wheel (where the parking brake handle is on the Phase 2.) Though if the car had the voice synth, the speaker was already in use and you had to make alternative arrangements for your phone.
3) A roof mounted antenna. This is the baby shark's fin you'll see on the roof of some Lagunas. This is the give-away on cars without sat-nav, but the ones that do have sat-nav always have the shark's fin anyway. Models with sat-nav should have 'GPS' stamped on the antenna, those with just the telephone pre-wiring don't.
4) A multi-plug hidden inside in the centre console providing connections for everything bar the antenna. This had to be connected to an optional kit that was specific to the model of telephone and which cost an arm and a leg (about 300 quid if I recall correctly.)

That's basically the long way of saying that none of the Lagunas came with a full hands-free kit as standard. The closest you'll get is the built in Bluetooth on the Phase 2 with NavCom.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome