Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

View Single Post
post #91 of (permalink) Old 4th December 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

New to this forum and this is my first post.

My Clio 1.2 16V '02 Expression has suffered the frustrating electronic warning light, stalling when stopping & poor running for a few months.

It was diagnosed as the MAP sensor which I replaced (at a cost of £105!!!) to no avail (I did get my £105 back!).

The renault tech said that a sticky throttle could give faulty MAP sensor readings.

I bought a £5.50 can of carburettor / injection cleaner from Halfords and sprayed 1/3 can intermittantly into the air intake box with the engine at fast idle. There was an immediate improvement with the symptoms all but disappeared.

The following day with the engine stopped, I removed the brake vacuum pipe on the inlet manifold and sprayed a 2 second spray carburettor cleaner in there and left it 5 mins (it appeared to me the servo intake stub is close to where the throttle body is located in the manifold), then repeated the spraying into the inlet box whilst fast idling (another 1/3 can).

This seems to have cured the problem for now, but I am nervous and daren't hold my breath!!

Hope this procedure may help someone else.
Currently in basa48's garage:
Clio 1.2 16V Expression
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome