Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Tale of woe - keyless ignition!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 8th September 2005 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Tale of woe - keyless ignition!

Had a doctors appointment the other week, and needed to drop my wife and kids off at the in-laws on the way. Was running late, so jumped in my Grand Scenic, pressed start and off we went. Had the stereo on and windows/sunroof open. Got to the in-laws, turfed the missus and kids out and drove off (still late). Got to the surgery, pressed stop and then got out. Pressed the locking button on the outside of the car - NOTHING happened. Looked inside on the display "card not detected".

What had happened was in the rush I had forgotten to pick my card up on the way out of the house, but my wife had *her* card with her. However - when she got out of the car (at the in-laws) - the engine still keeps running fine, even though she had walked off with the key card!

End result is i'm about 7 miles from the key card and cant lock the bloomin car OR shut any of the windows. Surely, keyless ignition is all very well - but if you walk off with the card then the car should stop (or at least make it very clear what you've done). 3 quiet beeps (which cant be heard over the stereo) and a one-off message of "card not detected" is not really enough!
  5 Lastest Threads by kleen
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Why do dealers pre-register cars? Cars & motoring kleen 5 2059 30th December 2005 09:30 AM
Any Renault Techs - Gearbox ??? Transmissions yelnats 22 4192 9th December 2005 09:29 AM
Vibration from passenger side door? Interiors Andy R 9 2224 9th December 2005 09:18 AM
Renault - Scenic II - Electronics - Auto Lights... Scenic tsyrett 12 9848 28th October 2005 03:23 PM
This forum is NOT pants! General Chat Gogslad 7 1744 6th October 2005 03:46 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome