Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Scenic II - Steering Lock Problems

View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 7th December 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault - Scenic II - Steering Lock Problems

i had this probelm a year or so ago, tried to start car and display would say steering lock problem, phoned out aa who said they could only take it to the dealer or another garage. so got them to take to dealer. phoned renault and explained that the car was only 6 weeks out of warrenty and told them i had a megane before the scenic and he said it wont be a problem, dont worry bout the cost and he would escalate it and somebody would be in touch. cue a phone call the next day saying that the steering lock mechanism needs replaced and it would be 280 but they will go 50/50 with me. i told her the guy yesterday said not too worry bout the cost and it'll all get sorted. then she hits me with, he didn't have the authority to tell me that and 50/50 was the best they could and will do. 140 later all is fixed. not before the dealership phones up telling me thats your car fixed that'll be 280 please. not sure if my next car will be a renault i like the cars just not too sure about the aftercare service.
Currently in cristov's garage:
05 Grand Scenic 1.5 dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome