Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2002 Scenic front wing replacing?

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 7th December 2009
chris m
Let's be carefull out there
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Send a message via MSN to chris m
Re: 2002 Scenic front wing replacing?

Originally Posted by fatsweaty View Post
Hi, wife had a smack in the Scenic the other day, only damaged the front passenger wing. Don't want to go insurance route as 150 excess then loss of some no claims etc just is not worth it.

I have managed to buy a new wing painted in the same colour and is the same year as her car. I see it seems quite simple to fit in theory. However i'm sure as with most things its not , soooooooooo anyone done this job or any info would be great?
2002, so I believe a MkI facelift model. I had the pleasure of partially removing mine after some one reversed into it. The wing bolts on, so when you have found all the bolts it's not that hard. Things to look for: there is a bolt hidden under the scuttle (black strip / vent below windscreen); the bolts by the door are akward; there are a couple of screws in the wheel arch that hold the liner to the wing and I think 1 up inside the arch that needs an extension on the socket.
When the old one is off it is worth checking the subframe for damage as well. At the front end there are a lot of small metal plates etc. which bolt on and hold the lights / wing etc. in place. These can bend / move easily making it hard to line up the wing and the headlight may be pushed of line.
Currently in chris m's garage:
2000 Scenic 2.0 16v Monaco, BMW 3 Series, Pug 206
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome