Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio Headunit

Thread: Clio Headunit
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 8th September 2005 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Clio Headunit

Firstly, Hi to everyone! This is my first post here

Picked up my Clio DCi 100 last Thursday and am very happy - the fuel economy is great, 55mpg! Compared to the 20mpg from my last car (Petrol Turbo tho not a Diesel) I'm well chuffed.

Anyhoo, have just changed out the factory headunit for a Sony HU and for some reason the steering wheel remote won't work! I have the adaptors from Halfords and everything is plugged in and connected up correctly (as far as I can tell - you can pretty much only plug things in one way!) but the remote does nothing

I'm sure it isn't a problem with the HU as I used an adaptor in a previous car for the steering wheel remote (a Vauxhall) and all worked perfectly.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Also, is it just me or are the speakers fitted as standard to a Clio Dynamique a bit cr*p? Anything past 3 notches on the new HU volume and hello distortion! Very dissappointing - my last Car's (a SEAT) speakers were really good for standard equipment - the only thing stopping you from turning it up was the fact that it was too loud! Has anyone fitted 6" speakers to the front doors of a Clio - I think the standard ones are 5".
  5 Lastest Threads by j.t
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clio Headunit Electronics 4 2116 8th September 2005 10:46 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome