Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 1.2 Clio Panache P-Reg - Unable to open bonnet

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 7th December 2009 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
1.2 Clio Panache P-Reg - Unable to open bonnet

Just bought a 1.2 Clio Panache P-Reg and already annoyed at it after just 30 miles!

Hoping the passenger door flying open on a roundabout was due to the door not being shut properly but it has a problem closing so presuming it's a DIY fox that wasnt done correctly.

Got a slight exhaust blow in the engine bay which I hope just needs a joint sealing /crosses fingers

Main issue currently is I cant get the bonnet open. Looking at the car on Friday the dealer popped the bonnet open yet tonight when I tried to get in and top up the washer fluid (I think it;s just water at the moment) and I couldnt get it. It's the model that pivots at the front and the lever release mechanism doesnt seem to be catching anything to release a lock so any suggestions woudl be greatly appreciated.

It's quite a change from my Frontera I Part-ex'd, no power steering makes it feel really heavy on slow speed maneuvers but visibility is amazing compared to the Vaux with all it's huge pillars but it seems pretty frugal on fuel by comparison - I was getting about 15mpg before

I bet I;ve posted this rant in the wrong section!!!

So if you see a fat fugger in Leeds kicking the sh*t out of an old red Clio you've probably found me :D
Currently in neevo's garage:
P-Reg Clio 1.2 Panache P.o.S Dead Wreck
  5 Lastest Threads by neevo
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
google fun Jokes & funny stuff dci_chris 4 1005 3rd November 2011 05:58 PM
Recycling Jokes & funny stuff madnoel10 2 1233 7th June 2011 10:12 PM
Ptsd Jokes & funny stuff neevo 0 1108 28th May 2011 06:37 PM
For dog lovers Jokes & funny stuff neevo 0 1126 8th May 2011 04:51 PM
Automatic DIY garage door opener Jokes & funny stuff HeatherJ 2 1641 29th March 2011 09:37 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome