Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2000 key. Cheaper reprogramming? Alternatives?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 30th June 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Clio 2000 key. Cheaper reprogramming? Alternatives?

Hi there,

I have just found out (after leaving my car in a council pay-by-the-hour carpark) that my key had ran out of battery, so i replaced the battery, and its still not working. Phoned the Renault dealership, the very nice gent in the parts dept. talked me through taking the circuit board out, and checking if the little "clicky bit" was still intact on the circuit board, which it wasn't - it was rattling about somewhere - the think they may be able to fix this - but looking at the minuuuute soldering required, i have to say, im not holding my breath - and so, its the dreaded new key and programming i need - which is going to be 150 odd.

After searching this forum, it doesn't look like i have a choice, but i was just wondering if there were any other alternatives?! - i did see a post about a gent who managed to get a locksmith to create a new key with a transponder that over rides my immobiliser - was this just a one off or a commone service?

look forward to a reply soon - many thanks and great site,

5 Lastest Threads by Maillme
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clio - Year 2000 - Registration Light Broke ? Electronics 5 1788 6th October 2006 04:59 PM
Year 2000 Clio - Side Lights - MOT - Help! Electronics Maillme 2 1417 5th October 2006 03:11 PM
Renault Clio 2000 key. Cheaper reprogramming?... Electronics zoeler 7 6283 30th June 2006 09:04 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome