Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

View Single Post
post #92 of (permalink) Old 9th December 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

I've got a 53 reg 1.2 16v Clio that I've owned from new. I've hardly had any problems with it and its been pretty reliable - up until last week. I started the car in the morning and it was running fine for a few meters but then two warning lights popped up on the dash and the car went into limp mode. the warning lights were the one that looks like a heart rate monitor and the one on the bottom right hand side that looks like an engine. I took it to the local garage and they said the fault was showing as the throttle pedal so they swapped that out for another one they had lying around but it didn't rectify the fault. They then suspected the wiring loom and changed that out but this has still not rectified the problem - although the car revs fine when stationary and the warning lights are gone, as soon as you move the car it goes back into limp mode! Not sure what they're goning to try next but they've had the car 2 days now and don't seem to be getting very far. Has anyone got any suggestions??

Although my fault sounds similar to others in the thread, I should say that I've had no problems starting the car or with it randomly cutting out, even now when its in limp mode.

Currently in banksie's garage:
2003 Clio 1.2 16v
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome