Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Bodywork - Rear Screen Failures on Sport Tourer Versions

View Single Post
post #72 of (permalink) Old 10th December 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Bodywork - Rear Screen Failures on Sport Tourer Ver

Interesting reading.
I have bought a Laguna estate about 5 weeks ago. Its a MkII Jan 2007 model. About a week ago I used the heated rear window for the first time - only the top two elements worked. On close inspection the nearside side of the window, down the side, all but the top two elements at the point where the wire turns to go to the next line had burnt off the glass and also burnt holes into the rubber seal on the car.
I felt this was a manufacturing defect so rang Renault Customer Services , and to be brief, was told that although the car is not three years old its mileage of 75000 puts it outside its warranty, end of.
I understand that the warranty was three years/60000 miles ( changed to 100000 miles soon after Jan 2007) but unlike the engine or suspension I think for a heated rear screen to give these problems in such a short time is a manufacturing fault, but as so often with these large companies telling us how good they are, when it comes to the nitty gritty they just fob you off and its like talking to a BRICK WALL.
Currently in rickg's garage:
2007 phase II Renault Laguna Initiale 2.2d auto Sport Tourer & 2003 BMW 325 auto Sport Convertible
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome