Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - N7's M-M-M-Mega Thread of Mini Niggles

View Single Post
post #35 of (permalink) Old 12th December 2009
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: N7's M-M-M-Mega Thread of Mini Niggles

Originally Posted by N7Qauto
Hi folks, another Safrane niggle!

I had diagnostics done by Renault and a third party to see what the issue with the cruise control is. Neither party were able to access the cruise control options on my car, so neither party was able to help me as to what the cause was.

Neither of them were particularly helpful as to why they could not connect, one suggesting a bad earth and another saying that the CC was an 'aftermarket option' [I've confirmed since that this was factory fitted as original spec].

Can anyone help shed any light on this? I'd like to get the CC sorted before trying to sell the car.

The button on the gearbox lights up as normal, and the other contols are on the steering wheel, but they give no indication that they are doing anything. My mechanic has checked all my relays, not sure which one is the CC in any case, but they are all fine.

Does anyone know where the earths are attached to the car?

Don't forget that the "brain" cuts out c/c under some conditions, I once spent ages trying to suss a c/c problem on a BMW only to be told that as i was "testing" it below 30mph it would not operate anyway.
Currently in Bewdley's garage:
2006 Laguna Sport Tourer Initiale 2.0L Turbo Auto
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome