Just stumbled onto this forum.
Right this is my problem.
Three weeks ago my Megane (1996) RT 1.6 would not start, the engine turned but failed to start.
Because of how cold it was I decided to charge the battery over a couple of days just to make sure it was not that.
Put the battery back in and the same problem occured.
Called out the RAC he could not get it to go. Reckoned it was a flooded engine because there was a spark but the plugs stunk of petrol. He dried and replaced the plugs four times and still the same problem.
He recommended I take it to a garage. The garage reckoned the same but he found I only had good compression in one pot (#4). He said it would start with a tow, but if it didnt he was talking more of a serious engine problem that would cost more to fix than the car was worth.
Now seeing this thread could it be the
Sensor being at fault given the lack of compression, spark at the plugs and the plugs coated in petrol?