Independent Renault Forums banner

Drivers side door mirror

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Shocker 
#1 ·
Hi i have just noticed my drivers side door mirror heater has stopped working for some reason, it was fine the other day :confused: and i just wanted to know how to take off the mirror so i can take a look??
Thanks for any help. :cool:

#2 ·
im assuming your mirrors are electric as you say they can be heated. so therefore you have to open the door and pull the plastic right angled piece beside the glass. it should come of easily enough and then their is 2 or 3 screws to remove thats all their is to it. Hope this helps.

#3 ·
I think he meant how to take the mirror glass off, not the entire mirror assembly:d

have a look here

There are a few variations of mirror glass, they all tend to have a circular plastic clip that grips the motorised center section with little clips (that like to break if forced hard enough) though the glass is likely to break first.
Some have built in heaters so have additional electrical connectors that feed into a heater element sandwiched between the mirror glass and the backing clip.

Best way to remove the glass is to use a bent peice of metal that can be slid in the gap and then gently pull it off by working around the sides to evenly release the clip.
Brute force will remove it, but dont be supprised if the glass breaks in half along with the backing clip falling apart.

have fun :d

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.