Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Trading in my Renault Clio 172

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 30th June 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Trading in my Renault Clio 172

I am going to sell my 2002 Clio 172 Cup this summer. I am hearing mixed things about the 197 not being as much fun to drive as the 172 and I am slowly coming to the conclusion that the best thing to do is get a 1-2 year old 182.
I live in SW London and I was wondering whether anybody could offer advice about whether I should look at a part exchange with a dealer or seek a private sale? The car has done just under 39,000 miles and has had three owners I think.
Also I have evidently reversed into a bollard in the past and there are some quite deep scuff marks on the both rear corners of the car. If I part exchange at a dealership is it worth my while getting bodywork repaired first? And on that note, I heard that an outfit called Chipsaway is good for sorting out small bodywork issues. The car is in great nick otherwise. I am also a bit vague about what the car is now worth. I was thinking circa 6,000 for a private sale. AM I being optimistic?
Any advice on anything above would be very much appreciated.
  5 Lastest Threads by Andy_M-W
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Trading in my Renault Clio 172 Cars & motoring HF 2 967 30th June 2006 01:46 PM
New Clio Sport Cars & motoring 2 814 14th January 2006 05:00 PM
warranty grumbles - Renault won't pay up! Welcome to RenaultForums 7 1208 6th October 2005 04:21 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome