Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault trafic DCI lemon

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 13th December 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault trafic DCI lemon

Roundabout oct/nov every year I buy a van to carry my off-road bikes about over the winter, in the past its been a selection of transits and merc vitos that have served there purpouse and then been sold off in the spring, this year I decided to go for a Renault traffic , not for any particular reason more just for a change, what a mistake!!!.
I bought the van from a local fleet dealer, itís a 2003 1.9DCI, silver in colour and looked to be in excellent condition, it hat a notchy second gear, however I can live with that as its only getting used on a Sunday and never any more than 100 or so miles.
Got the van back from the dealers no problem, then down to the local MOT garage and stuck a years MOT on it, every thing was ok for about 50miles when the alternator went on fire, it was a cold morning so I jumped in the van started her up and cranked the heater fan on full chat, as you do!! Resulting in in a burnt out alternator. About 100 miles later I jumped in the van and the clutch lever hit the floor and stayed there, New clutch master cly and pipe work and it was back on the road again. Another 100 or so miles down the road the van broke again this time the mass air sensor failed resulting in the van refusing to respond to any throttle it was given.
Now if you go on to Google and search RENAULT traffic you will find 100,s if not thousands of posts and articles on this van and its associated problems.
IMO itís a bag of scrap and I have learned a costly lesson Ö..
Moral to this story is do your research before you spend your money.
  5 Lastest Threads by RACINGCEE
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Trafic engine info required Engines Rentech 1 853 28th November 2011 05:23 PM
TRAFIC rear hub nut socket size Tools & equipment madnoel10 4 4712 24th March 2011 10:29 PM
Renault trafic DCI lemon Cars & motoring Nick 1 1742 13th December 2009 08:01 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome