Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #187 of (permalink) Old 30th June 2006
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Ben
Yesterday (29th June 06) exactly the same thing happened to us. I feel very very lucky we escaped unhurt although with a lot of damage to the car including smashed windscreen, badly damaged bonnet and roof.

The car had been serviced by a Renault dealer less than 2 months before. We had the damaged car taken to the Renault dealer yesterday, they denied all knowledge of any faults with the bonnet clips.

The garage are going to enquire with their customer services and get back to us.

In reading this thread it seems apparent this is a more common problem than Renault are admitting and as such I believe Renault should be held responsible for what is clearly a manufacturing fault.

I would be very appreciative of any advice on where we stand legally regarding payment to damages.

Please email me at

Thanks in advance

Sent you a private msg via this forum and e-mail to your personal addy with recommendations...

First and foremost - take photographs of the damage, try (either independently or via insurance - if you decide to claim) to get a report completed on the damage...I missed this and kinda regret this as useful to back up any "doubts" of "questions" later...

Also, file a case with VOSA - the more cases filed (esp. recent ones) makes it even more important for them (VOSA and Renault (UK and Global)) to take this, right up the chain to the Global HQ, they deny any issues with ANY of their cars! (You can read the official reply I rec'd in a couple of posts back)!!

Also, file a case with Watchdog (see their site for details). Do not be surprised if you don't hear back, because they have received 100+ cases, and this seems to be growing over time....

Don't feel surprised about push-back from the dealer, I explain in my e-mail to you, that my neighbour went to my dealer (who knows all too well of this issue), and she got fobbed off from them! It's a clan of denial - sad and very frustrating....but I am not stopping my fight and will ensure everyone of us will get a satisfied result - it will take time, but we will get their...the consumer voice is loud, and they will sadly learn the hard no back down, and all of us (together) can win this fight (this is what it is turning out to be!!!!).

Also, pls complete the questionnaire (again revert to my earlier posts - page or so back), as am trying to collate as much 'data' about the history behind each case as possible!!!! Thank you!

You should also request assistance from Renault UK (even via their Accident Support service)...try to get them to cover the costs!!!! It did work for me (albeit in slightly difference circumstances than most) - but they did pay up!

Aaron Brigatti
Brigatti Online -

Clio Bonnet-Catch Issues?
- Read the Correspondence Archive (Recently Updated!) @
- and the latest on my experiences @

Currently in brigatti's garage:
2009 Audi A4 1.4 TFSI

Last edited by brigatti; 1st July 2006 at 12:59 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome