Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Replacing Clio MKII Front Passenger door

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 14th December 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Replacing Clio MKII Front Passenger door

Hi Guys, was wondering if anyone would be able to help me. Recently dented my Passenger side door on the Clio mentioned in my sig. Im not too sure on what to do to fix the damage and was wondering if you could give me any pointers. The dent itself is pretty big, about a 1/3 of the door. Some of the paint from the obstacle that suddenly appeared in my way (the PVC frame for garage door) has rubbed onto the car, and where the dent has folded, the car paint has begun to flake off, thus exposing the metal underneath. The door handle has also cracked in half.

Option 1: Replace the entire door. I have found replacement doors in the same colour, but they are off different model of MK2 clios. I was wondering whether these would still fit the car? and whether there would be any problems in compatibility (i.e. electric windows). The upside to this is that they remove evidence of the incident ever occurring.

Option 2: Get the dent pushed out, and a respray job. The only thing about this is the cost. I've heard resprays are expensive but I dont know how much this should cost.

If anyone can help me out here I will be really grateful.
Currently in xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxrufnek2kx's garage:
Renault Clio mkII Alize 1.4i 8v 5Dr V reg E7F
  5 Lastest Threads by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxrufnek2kx
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Changing injectors on a Clio MKII Engines mungobungo2010 13 10802 1st May 2010 05:06 PM
Replacing Clio MKII Front Passenger door Bodywork xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxrufnek2kx 3 7100 14th December 2009 07:35 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome