Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Replacing Clio MKII Front Passenger door

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 14th December 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Replacing Clio MKII Front Passenger door

Originally Posted by Lagdti View Post
If you can find a replacement door in the same colour then I would say that it would be the way to go.You can use all the internals from your door and swap them over into the replacement so theres no compatibility issues.The colour match may not be perfect,although it depends on how fussy you are.Cars with the same paint code can still vary in shade,this is not usually very noticable though.Changing the door is easy,just a few bolts in the hinges,a wiring plug in the loom near the hinges,and a bolt in check strap and it's off.You will need another pair of hands to steady the door though,they are surprisingly heavy!.Lining up a new one can be time consuming,but it's not difficult to do,I would say an enthusiastic person with a reasonable knowledge should be able to swap a door and all of the internals in a morning.

I would definately go and physically look at any donor door before buying it though,some breakers yards idea of a mint/undamaged door is different to others,plus panels can very easily be damaged if they are sent by a parcel delivery service so it's best to pick it up yourself.
Thanks for that, think I might take that option. I was just a bit cautious about the compatibility though. So can you just confirm whether any front passenger door from a mkII clio will fit, or does it have to come from a 5door? And it doesnt matter whether the donor car has central locking or electric windows?

Currently in xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxrufnek2kx's garage:
Renault Clio mkII Alize 1.4i 8v 5Dr V reg E7F
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome