Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Trading in my Renault Clio 172

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 30th June 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

I would agree that the 182 is a fantastic drive. I used to sell Renaults and sold lots of 182's.Since leaving car sales I also looked to purchase a 182 but every one I looked at wasn't very tidy. It didn't help that I wanted one in black/gold which shows off any damage to the paintwork easily but if looked after looks fantastic.
I personally would have Chipsaway look at your car and quote you for the repair.Salesmanagers normally panick when the salesman tells them about damage on a trade in, and seem to kick it harder than what you might pay chipsaway. If Chipsaway want lots of money then don't bother and hope the salesman valueing your car dosen't look too closely to the rear of your car.
You will probably get lots of timewasters if you try and sell your car privately, but you could spend 50 with autotrader for 2 weeks and see what sort of a response you get. Probably better to get the damage repaired for this option though.
Try and get money off the screen price of the 182 if you don't trade your car in with them. They probably won't reduce the price by much money as theres always demand for a nice 182. Good luck
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome