Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - And People Complain About Renault Prices.....

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 16th December 2009 Thread Starter
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 2 Times in 20 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 18
Thanked 1,103 Times in 942 Posts
And People Complain About Renault Prices.....

We have a 1998 Nissan Maxima QX at work at the moment that failed the MOT on the ABS light being permanently illuminated.Diagnostics lead us to believe that the offside front wheel speed sensor has a permanent fault,the nearside front an intermittant one.

As our local independant parts supplier couldn't find any aftermarket sensors,we phoned our local,friendly Nissan main agent........

After a long pause from the parts man he announced that 'there is a nearside sensor in the UK which we could get for you within two days,the offside one would have to come from Japan.....they're not cheap though'.

Mmm....not cheap,so I was expecting 100 each.....but no.....

341...............EACH...........................PLUS VAT!

Now I know the Maxima was never popular in this country,but the ABS sensors are nothing out of the ordinary.I have heard some silly prices before,but I really couldn't believe the price of these.It would be the thick end of a grand to replace both sensors on a car that was worth around half that.

Thankfully we have managed to source a pair of second hand ones for 60 each with a warranty,but even that is embarrassing to tell the owner of the car.

So,next time you get a silly quote from your Renault main dealer,just be thankful that don't own a Nissan Maxima.

Actually,aren't Nissan owned by Renault now?.
Currently in Lagdti's garage:
2004 Saab 9-5 HOT Aero and a 2001 Audi A3 1.8 Turbo
  5 Lastest Threads by Lagdti
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
2014 Isle Of Man TT Bikes Gonescenile 2 2138 2nd June 2014 09:52 PM
40,000th Post......:eek: General Chat excavator 57 5409 3rd May 2013 02:28 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome