Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Air recirculating flap clicking ~ FIX

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 19th December 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Air recirculating flap clicking ~ FIX

Many thanks Rick. I've been wondering what that sound was for the past one year. Even a couple of mechanics told that it was normal. I didn't bother too much but thought I would search for some fixes and found your fix.

Subsequently went through the Haynes manual for a step by step instruction for removing the recirculation valve flap motor.

I have a couple of questions:

1. Mine is a Right Hand drive with AC. Can you please tell me where you got the spare one from? Did you just get the spare cog wheel or the full set - motor and flap drive gear for 5 quid? Also, Can you please post me the scrap yard address?

2. What is the purpose of this motor and flap drive gear and why does it get kicked off when we put on the ignition key? Since it doesnt work now, does it mean, I / We have been driving with the circulation mode turned off?

Originally Posted by rick pomery View Post
hi, new to this forum but may be able to help with the clicking vent flap problem, i have just done 1 on megane 99 (without aircon) u need to take off passenger wiper arm remove plastic vent panel, disconnect wiring connectors, undo blower motor housing and remove, u will then be able to remove the recirculating flap assembly, what normally happens is a tooth on one of the cogs break off. just replaced from scrap yard 5 works fine, obviously check yours befor replacing but this is what normally happens. only takes 10 minutes to find out , saves paying silly garage prices.Richard
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome