Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Opps.... I clipped a kerb in my new(ish) Laggy2

View Single Post
post #27 of (permalink) Old 21st December 2009 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 3 Times in 11 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Re: Opps.... I clipped a kerb in my new(ish) Laggy2

I went back to try and get the steering lock fault sorted and pretty much told to FO!(and if i didnt like it, then go see Trading Standards)...

Im gonna be in touch with the numptys in india in the next few days about that, as im buggered if im going back to those cowboys, ever again!

They clearly failed to fit the subframe correctly (the geometry specs were outside limits),
I'm unsure if they tightened up the steering rack correctly to the subframe enough, as it may have caused the steering column lock fault if it moved when driving over a speed hump. (regardless, it failed shortly after a major accident.)
There is now a gap between the back of the steering wheel and the column covers which i think is wider than before the accident.

The subframe had to be losened and refitted by the local jag dealership and the back axle adjusted to get the chassis/wheel goemetry back within renault specifications.

other gripes.

The NSF bumper has been scuffed (on an area which was recently repaired and resprayed by a SMART just a few weeks before i crashed the car).

They also dragged my car across the rear wheel arch of an astra maxivan which was parked next to the laguna a couple of days before they moved my car into the garage to be fixed. It left a light gouge with white paint in it (on the unpainted part of the plastic bumper).
<i dont really give a F! about really, it but was ¤¤¤¤ed off that they were so bad at parking customers cars>

I hav'nt really used the Laguna2 much since i got it back as im broke, unemployed and only using a car once a week or so)

I have just noticed that the passenger seatbelt appears to have had a tensioner activation which i hadnt really noticed, as a friend has been having problems with getting the passenger seatbelt buckled up.
That together with the almost complete failure of the drivers seatbelt autoretraction spring is ¤¤¤¤ing me right off as i dont know if the airbag system flagged up any errors or activation notifications after the accident.

I also suffered today a ABS fault, OSF wheel speed sensor failure and ECU abnormal power voltage alert

Got my (very much missed) regular garage to plug a Solus ODBC reader into the car to read off the errors and clear them.

I would have had a go at taking the steering lock off myself, but the entire dashboard needs to be removed to get access to the bolts holding it on (unlike the laguna1.)

Not at all happy atm!......................................(can you guess who i'm insured with:loser
Currently in mord's garage:
The CreditCard Holes sooo DEEEEP NASA have put up warning signs about a black hole on the Driveway: update, the driveway and home have fallen in...
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome