Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Motoring diary of a pauper - Scenic I

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 22nd December 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Motoring diary of a porper - Scenic I

Heater problems...
The heater was pretty poor in the old car but this one is atrocious so ruling out a airlock problem by bleeding the radiator a bit... the heater matrix must be blocked... I'll get around to that, that's a nightmare job.

But this cold snap we're experiencing has forced my hand on that... turns out there was no anti-freeze in the water and the radiator froze. I got away with that lightly as it has caused no damage but as the engine overheated I gently released the pressure and saw a whole world of brown rusty e water spew forth. Several hours spent pouring water and anti-freeze into it and the water seems to getting a bit clearer but this is a sign of a more serious problem. Without the anti-freeze there was no corrosion inhibitor in the water and I can guarantee that they did not use distilled water (neither do I) The resulting build-up of stuff must be the reason the matrix is blocked and the corrosion problem may be a little more serious than I'd hoped.
I need to replace that matrix it must be knackered
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome