Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Motoring diary of a pauper - Scenic I

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 22nd December 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Motoring diary of a pauper - Scenic I

cool beans, yeah I thought there was some kind of flush stuff you can get for that.... was meaning to check that out.
Also flushing the matrix with a hosepipe or something... Is it possible to connect the hoses round the wrong way to run the water backwards through the matrix?

It's the hose clips that worry me... they don't seem like a very effective solution, if i squeeze the tabs to release the clip will they fasten back up tightly enough?
or should I find myself some jubilee clips to do a proper job on them. I was hesitant to touch them until I was sure I could fasten them back up properly.

And another thing that has been annoying me... I can't undo the thermostats for the life of me. I'm using really basic crude tools to do this and all I have that fits the stats is an adjustable wrench... it just doesn't cut it. I need to find myself a long reach socket but I can't quite be sure wether it's a 22 or a 23mm

Despite trying to do this on the cheap there are so many little things you need to shell out the $$$ for... filters, clips, tools oil , anti-freeze
I've been trying to leave these things until after christmas when i'll be able to afford the odd part here and there but I hate putting them off, I just want to look after the poor neglegted engine. Aside from these numerous little problems the car is sound and it drives much better than my old one.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome