Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II (55 plate) Boot Catch

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 22nd December 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna II (55 plate) Boot Catch

Not sure if this is the right sub forum to put this in so apologies in advance.

I've recently had an issue with the boot and glass opening on my 55 plate sports tourer.

It seemed to be an intermittant fault in that neither button on the boot would open either the glass hatch or the actual boot.

I took it to our local garage (non Renault) that our company uses and lo and behold, when I showed it to them, they tried it and they both worked.

Drove away rather sheepishly and worked ok for a couple of days and then did it again.

Took it back the next day and this time they couldn't open it. They said it was probably a faulty lock mechanism so would order one in. That was two week ago and haven't heard anything since (I'm not overly keen on them but the Boss says we use them )

Tonight however, called at my parents and my, shall we say wimpish, mother went to open the boot to put some items in and it open! Couldn't believe my luck so closed it, it locked, and tried it again myself but nothing.

Gave up in the end and went to set off and then the car started to beep warning me that the boot was open.

Stopped and checked it again but still couldn't open it.

Set off with the warning light on and upon getting home tried it again and it opened. YES!

When I went to close it though it wouldn't lock at all.

Checked the bar on the base of the boot, fine...

Checked the lock catch and found that there's no resitance to me pushing it to locked position and open position with my finger. So, that says to me, a broken lock.

However, and sorry for such a long post, I now can't lock my car as when I do go to lock it the car beeps at me constantly warning me that a door is open (the boot) and there no way that I can see to put it in to lock postion whilst it is down. The funny thing is, that the glass section still won't open!

Can someone please advise me what to do over night until I can get the damn thing to a garage in the morning??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The good news is that my sat nav that stopped working over 2 months ago due to no GPS signal being received has suddenly started working again after no messing about with it!?!?!?!
Currently in stevencrompton's garage:
2005 Renault Laguna II Initiale 1.9dCi Sports Tourer
  5 Lastest Threads by stevencrompton
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna II (55 plate) Boot Catch Bodywork riskey68 11 4407 22nd December 2009 05:37 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome