Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Winter Driving - My 1st Time in an Automatic

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 23rd December 2009 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Winter Driving - My 1st Time in an Automatic

Thanks Paul, you're a star as always. Woudl bring you round a bottle of wine/beer if you lived nearer, so the best I can do is Thank your post!

I just worry about my Vel Satis because it seems to sensitive and touchy, plus has a few common niggles like the 26 degrees heater thing.

Anyway, will do as you say and leave in normal auto mode, top up with any brand of screenwash in a low concentration mixed with water, and drive carefully, with the heater on 26 (albeit not full speed, as the fan is then too noisey!).

If the tyre system tells me the pressures are well low, I'll put it down to the very cold temperatures and drive off as normal, as I remember after I had the new front tyres put on, the system told me I had no tyres at all, but after driving round the block, the tyres appeared as normal.

PS1 - Shame there's only been 1 more vote re my Vel Satis meet-up poll, but maybe an email about it hasn't been sent to Vel Satis owners on the forum yet

PS2 - Are you enjoying your Merc ownership more than the VS, less worries/problems etc?

Have a good holidays & thanks again.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome