Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II (55 plate) Boot Catch

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 24th December 2009
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Laguna II (55 plate) Boot Catch

I had the same problem with my sports tourer and initally I got a new lock from Renault but this didn't solve the problem.

The information previously stated is correct, its the actual switch. I removed the door lining inside the boot and was then able to release the switch, there is a clip at each end which you press in and it will release to the outside. I detached the wires and was then able to part the switch, all there is on the inside is a small brass looking connector, mine was so corroded I had to get a new one however with some sandpaper you are then able to clean the connection points.

Be careful as the points are quite easy to fall apart, if they do make sure you know the lay out as it took me some time to work out how they went back together.

After about a year the problem returned I took the new one off and this had also corroded as explained above I managed to clean the points but this time having read threads on this forum I used sealant on the edges of the switch before replacing it, it has worked fine eversince but time will tell as it was only done recently.

Good luck

Currently in DeeBeeS's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna Sports Tourer 16v 1600
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome