Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Toxic Fume Light/Poor MPG*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 26th December 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Clio 2 - Toxic Fume Light/Poor MPG*FIXED*

I have a 2002 1.2 16v dynamique, recently the toxic fume light came on and it was running like some one had pulled off a plug lead or 2!!

I pulled over played with the usual wires ect .. Started and appeared no problem.

Since then the light has not came on, however I noticed, whilst I replaced the thermostat housing (leak) there was a sucking noise top / behind the engine when I press the accelerator! It has started to stutter / run rough when warm and also the fuel economy has become awful.

I have searched the forum and find suggestions for maybe each of the faults but I think the combination of all are related and would be grateful for any advice.

It has been to a garage but his comp will only diagnose if the light is lit!! so need a more sophisticated system to diagnose. I did tell him the engine management light but now realise it was the toxic fume??

Thanks in advance
  5 Lastest Threads by dabba
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Clio 2 - Toxic Fume Light/Poor MPG*FIXED* Clio skimmer 9 10344 26th December 2009 03:08 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome