Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

View Single Post
post #49 of (permalink) Old 26th December 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

Hi, folks, going to add a bit to this thread.

My issue, was fan stopped working on all 4 settings.
Accesed resistor via dash as per forum, after wiggling connector, fan started. Great i thought however i soon noticed the yellow/brown wire was getting very hot. Removed connector plug and on inspection noticed some was melted.

So decided best course will be to replace loom and resistor. Took out the single screw holding the resistor in but like some other posts the resistor would not come through dash as the red and black wire to the fan was too short.

The solution in my case was basically to tug the red/black wire, it seems to be in some sort of clip on top of the motor housing. Now of course you have to be careful how much you pull. Seems i guess some are clipped in and some are not.

So now i have everything nicely sat outside dash. As soon as dealers open i will get parts and fit. I intend to post pictures before and after as i think some people are still a little confused as to the the splicing etc.

Ps. One thing i did learn today is that the resistor seems to need the air flow in the ducting to stay cool :loser:, so dont do as i did and run the fan with the resistor out !!

Will update the thread as i do the repair.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome