Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane 2 - Opening Bonnet When Release Cable Snaps*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 27th December 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Megane 2 - Opening Bonnet When Release Cable Snaps*FIXED*

I have just had a problem getting to the engine compartment. The bonnet release lever moved but the bonnet didnt release.

I came on the forum for advice but didnt find anything to help, although I saw threads which suggested the dealers may break one of the grills to get to the catch.

Just for people in the same situation.

If you prize the near side grill up from the bottom working along with a couple of flat bladed screw drivers, starting from the headlight and taking care not to damage the bumper, the grill can be removed largely undamaged.

In my case, I put my hand up to where the cable runs behind the front upper beam and pulled it, luckily this released the bonnet.
The Following User Says Thank You to 3rigel For This Useful Post:
sgrn1 (4th December 2012)
  5 Lastest Threads by 3rigel
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Will a 1.9 dti turbocharger fit a 1.9 DCI Engines madnoel10 5 2718 2nd January 2011 12:26 PM
Megane Internal and external woes after flat... Electronics dalton57 2 1492 17th December 2010 12:15 PM
Please Please Please dont tell me I need a... Interiors 3rigel 10 3308 23rd April 2010 05:59 PM
Can the alterntor be changed without!!!! Engines ScenicDTi 3 1440 1st April 2010 07:55 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome