Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 1 - Heated Rear Window Not Working*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 28th December 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Laguna 1 - Heated Rear Window Not Working*FIXED*

I've read through various forums/posts re' the rear-window demister/heater problem on the Laguna Mk1 (& some other Renaults).

My heater switch on the dash works fine as well as the demister's relay (located behind the pull-down flap, under the fuse-box which is under the steering wheel). To be sure, I even replaced the relay. Still no joy with the demister working though. I also checked the heating elements and connections on the rear screen and they all seem intact and basically `as new`.

I then by-passed the white connector in the boot area ( behind the panel-fabric under the left speaker), but the problem persists.

A voltameter has been used to test the wiring at this same connector. The positive+ (white wire) seemed to give only a 1V reading. I suspect the problem may be a bad earth somewhere, but am not sure exactly how to check or where to look. Unfortunately I'm not too au-fait with a voltameter!

Is there another connector for the demister on the Laguna Mk1 (1996) besides the one in the boot? I did see mention on another forum that there may be another connector behind the plastic panel on the left side passenger's footwell, just ahead of the door, but I didn't want to start tearing this apart to find that there is no other connector, or that it's just the wiring loom but no actual connector.

I'd greatly appreciate any advice as I'm about to go mad with this mystery problem.!!!
Currently in Dee33's garage:
Renault Laguna RT Sport 1996

Last edited by Dee33; 28th December 2009 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Slight addition to end of 2nd paragraph.
  5 Lastest Threads by Dee33
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Laguna 1 - Heated Rear Window Not... Laguna rickg 5 11186 28th December 2009 03:03 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome