Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane - Electronics - Starting problem with megane 1.6 elize

View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old 31st December 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Megane - Electronics - Starting problem with megane 1.6 elize

Hi its my first post on the forum, I bought an R reg megane I about two weeks ago anfdhave been having a similar problem getting it started when coming back to the car. Got a new battery for it the other day from Halfords as I thought that might be the problem.

Stopped off in town to get a pizza last nite, came back to car 15 minutes later. Did the immobilizer thing first, then when I turned the key to get it started, the radio display etc came on, the revs counter went up to about 10, then the dial dropped straight back down and the battery light came up. I tried it for about 15 minutes but it wouldn't spark up, engine wouldn't even turn over.

Went round to my mums for a few hours and when I came back it started first time.
Anyway I took it to a local garage and they did a diagnostic on it and found it's a problem with the chip in the plip going, I'll have to take it to my local Renault dealer, costs about 90 and takes five days for them to order. I've not seen this problem mentioned on the forum so thought I would post as it might help someone else, so I really hope that will solve it now.
Currently in zutalors's garage:
Renault Megane Scenic 1.6
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome