Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Lock swapping - Laguna II

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 31st December 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Lock swapping - Laguna II

I have recently purchased a Laguna 2001 and the only keyfob I have for it only works in the reader, all the buttons are dead and it appears to have been dismantled at least once already.

Sadly I cannot be without the Car for any significant period of time and there are no Key repairers nearby I could call to for a repair and I don't fancy paying Renault at least 120 for the fun of it just for one key. As ideally I would want either 2 keys or 2 fobs and

This situation however has gotten me wondering, Would it be possible to buy another passenger emergency door lock and associated bits with some spare keys and then fit it inverted to the drivers door. Therefore as such turn my right hand drive UK Laguna which I have to go round the car every time to get in and out of, into a car with 2 emergency door locks (albeit with 2 different sets of keys).

Just got me thinking about if there is anything technical that would stop this plan working as I can get the parts rather cheap locally? Any advice, suggestions or comments would be welcomed before I get the kit needed to attempt this and waste a few weekends.
  5 Lastest Threads by Astec
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Lock swapping - Laguna II Bodywork mord 8 1817 31st December 2009 11:51 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome