Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace radio stopped working after changing battery

View Single Post
post #24 of (permalink) Old 1st January 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to e3steve
Re: Espace radio stopped working after changing battery

Originally Posted by gav1n View Post
hi member new member here so be gentle,
ive recently bought a 2000 espace 2litre petrol,not sure of model,
my questions are.
my battery was flat with the cold weather so ive bought a new one,but my radio doesnt work,i have the built in radio with pioneer disc changer in the boot and the renault/pioneer remote control,the lights wernt coming on the remote so i put new batterys in and sorted the remote out but still no radio comes on,on the dash it just says off,anyone any ideas please?
also my central locking off the car doesnt work,the light comes on when i press the key but nothing,all suggestions welcome as mrs doing me head in listening to her and not radio and also am having to leave the car unlocked.please please please help
Does the locking work using the rocker switch in the overhead console? If 'no', check the fuses beneath the plastic cover (passenger footwell) where you'll also find a (blue) 15Amp fuse for 'Pre radio equipment / Cassette player'. Also check the high-current fuses inside the primary fusebox, under the bonnet and outboard of the battery.

I can't be certain about OEM fitment of entertainment equipment to all models, but yours -- with a remote control -- sounds like a Pioneer after-market (AM) installation. I could be wrong...... Mine has an OEM Renault/Pioneer tuner/cassette with satellite control on the right of the steering column. Mine is LHD, so yours may be on the left of the column.

As a 2001, yours should be an Espace III (JE) model. 2.0 16V RT / RTE?
Currently in e3steve's garage:
1999 Espace III 1.9dti, 1994 Espace II 2.0i Helios, 2006 CitroŽn C6 2.7HDi Exclusive, 1964 Honda CB77 (Dream 300 Super Sport), 1970 Honda CB250K Super Sport

Last edited by hondo; 24th August 2013 at 05:00 PM. Reason: CC attachments removed
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome