Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2002 Laguna II paint Laquer peeling off

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 1st January 2010 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 3 Times in 11 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
2002 Laguna II paint Laquer peeling off

I have a 11/2001 - uk reg 01/2002 LagunaII estate

I have just noticed that the space under/around the boot the paint laquer is flaking and peeling off
The drainage area between the lip of where the roof body work folds in under the boot to the rubber boot seal, (including all around the boot hinges), the area affected is the entire top section and stretches down a short way either side ?
possibly due to poor laquer application at time of manufacture.

there is also a small mark of rust on one side at the end of the roof rail where it ends in the boot area.

is the paint work covered by warranty (supposedly 12 year anti-corrosion) against it doing this ???
((or is the warranty only against my car turning into something similar to a early Lancia/audi/fiat, ie.. a bottom falling out of, rust bucket 70's car))
(thinking of Clarkson standing next to a pile of rusted junk on the track and saying - yesterday this was a new car(take your pick of above make), but we left if out in the rain overnight and look what happend!)

to get a SMART to fix this is going to be around the 100-300 mark as the boot will have to be removed to get full access to the top area around the top hinges

would renault fix this or am i even more out of pocket on this money pit of a car...
Currently in mord's garage:
The CreditCard Holes sooo DEEEEP NASA have put up warning signs about a black hole on the Driveway: update, the driveway and home have fallen in...
  5 Lastest Threads by mord
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
cross compatability between engine models? Engines wyn burgess 1 169 12th January 2016 11:33 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome