Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 2 - 1.9 dCi Buying Advice

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 2nd January 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: 2004 scenic 1.9 dci - anythinbg to look out for?

Originally Posted by auswegian View Post
I have a friend looking at buying a 2004 scenic 19.dci and am wondering if anyone has any tips on what to look out for and if there is any common faults he should be aware of.
We are in Norway, so driving in minus degrees and on snow all winter.
I have owned from new, a 2004 Scenic II, 1.5 diesel, with standard wheelbase though. Overall, I'm very pleased with the car, with only one or two minor electrical faults. When talking to several auto-electricians about these snags though, they all invariably screw their faces up, when I mention Renault electrics! Not very reassuring! They don't seem to have a good reputation in the trade in this respect.
In light of this, when buying a used car, I would make sure every thing is in working order, in this department.
In our recent bout of snow & ice in the UK, I have found the Scenic to be excellent in adverse conditions, providing good traction in the snow, where other cars have been struggling. Or is that just my good driving?
Hope you find this of some use.
Currently in Tokeballs's garage:
Scenic Rush, 2004, 1.5 diesel & Mk2 Clio 1.2
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome