Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Towing a Renault

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 4th January 2010
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Towing a Renault

Originally Posted by mord View Post
solid towbar is best, if you have to tow then do make sure you have sign on back of towed car and trailer lights on it if the towed car has flat battery.

(i did once get towed(a very very long time ago) from jctn22 to west london , it took forever on the A5 (at 30-40mph overnight) and yes we used a towbar, and extra lights, that'l teach me for not having RAC/AA cover)
TBH you can get them lifted by a towtruck for reasonable cost when you calculate your own cost in fuel (heavy when towing) and consider your own time & inconvenience. As an enthusiast I once bought two BMW E30's from the same town (about 70 miles away). I towed one with a mate steering the towed vehicle and had the other collected on a truck. When I worked it all out (fuel - giving my mate a drink - stopping for a break which involved bacon sarney's & tea, I saved about 4 and it took nearly eight hours both ways and all the faffing around. Also consider the risks you take, accident - towing car breaking down - rope failing and the fact that it can't do the towing car any good even if it doesn't break down. Get it lifted by a pro!!!!
Currently in Bewdley's garage:
2006 Laguna Sport Tourer Initiale 2.0L Turbo Auto
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome