Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic I - Radio And Time Display Bulb Replacement

View Single Post
post #27 of (permalink) Old 4th January 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Talking Re: Renault Scenic I - Radio And Time Display Bulb Replacement

Hi Just done this job on a 2003 scenic 1.9 dci so here's a complete quick guide

For this job you will need

A torx t20 screwdriver or socket (it's six pointed star shape) this is essential.

Two or four Bosch 509 T bulbs (the clock takes 2 bulbs and seat belt and door open warning lights take one each - are all accessible so I did the lot) These are about 2.99 each at Half**ds. You could buy them in advance through the net a lot cheaper.I used filament bulbs but there are LED direct replacements available.

A thin strong plastic blade-I used a flat plastic ice scraper but a wall paper stripping knife would do.

1.Gently prise up the edge of the winscreen speaker grills and remove -they simply push fit, but need to be pulled slightly forward.

2.Remove the screw that holds the fascia down (one under each speaker grill).Be carefull not to drop it ! On the drivers side it will end up behind the carpet under the foot pedals -How do I know ...??

3. Using your flat plastic blade gently insert it between the fascia to and the the glove box top (don't worry you won't set off the air bag !) , you'll see the join.Gently push to release the clips behind.Work along releasing clips - they release fairly easily.
4.Once relased lift the fascia up and pull forward-It should lift clear of the instrument panel.
5.Release the screws of the clock.
6.Lift it out and turn it around- On the back are the four bulbs -simply twist anticlockwise to remove.The two clock bulbs may require you take the multi-plug off but I have small hands and could get these out without too much trouble. The seat belt and door lights are at the end of the panel.

Putting it all back is the reverse of the above. But when the fascia top goes back on put the back of the fascia tabs in to the slots and check that all the front tabs are aligned before pressing them down - I actually gave them a thump to clip them in.

This has saved me 40 and took about 35 mins . I now know what the time is !!!
Currently in PCD's garage:
2003 Scenic 1.9 DCi
The Following User Says Thank You to PCD For This Useful Post:
beachy12 (31st May 2012)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome