Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - 1.8 16v Throttle Problem*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #54 of (permalink) Old 4th January 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna 2 - 1.8 16v Throttle Problem*FIXED*

Hi guys,

I have beening saying goodbye to this problem for more than one year. I hope my experience will help you.

If you read the previous post I left in this thread, it was around Dec 2007, the problem was gone after the dealer checked and reconnected all the loomy wires connected to the ECU . But in Apr. 2008, the problem came back again. This time they told me it is interference between the wires which being routed altogether within the car from all the sensors to the ECU . They splitted the throttle body wire alone and rerouted the wires. After that, the problem never came back again. I am starting to believe this explaination because nowadays my "low petrol" warning light will come on randomly. It is a bit annoying but much better than the "lump home".

I think there is a design fault of the electrical bus within the car, which takes care of the commnication of signals of the car. The electrical part is the weakest in Laguna. The connectors of two rear turning light in my 02 Laguna is already rotten away, damn!
Currently in mzhao's garage:
2002 Laguna II 1.6 Expression LPG
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome