Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Aftermarket Warranty for VS - What do you reckon?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 6th January 2010 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Aftermarket Warranty for VS - What do you reckon?

Happy New Year all,

As some will know, I've got a Vel Satis and it's warranty with WarrantyWise is soon going to expire. To be honest I've always been reluctant about the WarrantyWise policy (which the small indie dealer I bought the car from set up for me) as almost everything seems to be wriggled out of quoting "wear and tear" as their reason, plus the policy I was given doesn't cover sat nav, CD player etc and it only covers labour rates up to 35/hour I think.

Just had a call from WarrantyDirect offering me a warranty labelled Extra Care at 400 which includes:

- Full Wear & Tear

- Unlimited labour rates (so I can take to main dealer)

- Full ICE cover for CD changer, sat nav etc

- Air Bag & Emissions Cover

- MoT Failure, Service Items Flagged-Up etc

- And "Everythiing Else" according to their literature

Sounds too good to be true, as other websites quoted me about 800 for such full cover (main dealer rates, CD, sat nav, wear and tear, etc).

The only catch may be that it covers me up to 60,000 miles and I'm on 54,200 at the moment. I only drive 6,000 or less per year, but who knows, maybe this year I'll do a touch more...

What do you all reckon?

5 Lastest Threads by hu88ertvelsat
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Replacing SU1 gearbox in 3.0 dci Vel Satis - any... Transmissions hu88ertvelsat 1 921 1st September 2014 10:41 AM
RED STOP SYMBOL Mystery with Metal Grinding... Engines madnoel10 19 5052 4th March 2012 02:15 PM
Do Genuine Renault Lower Control Arms Need a... Steering and Suspension madnoel10 2 1390 25th July 2011 11:06 AM
Vel Satis & Avantime Inter-Marque Meet, June... Regional activity hu88ertvelsat 4 4637 2nd June 2011 04:27 PM
Servicing is so confusing! Cars & motoring hu88ertvelsat 3 1383 2nd May 2011 09:08 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome